Paw Paw Lake Home Company – Rules and Regulations
1. Workday Fees and Credits*
- You will be expected to work two work days per year during scheduled community workday sessions (once in the spring, once in the fall)
- If you choose NOT to work you will be charged $100/per missed work day. If you miss both workdays, you will be charged $200.
- Senior citizens (70 yrs old and older) are excused from the work requirement AND receive the $25 credit
*This policy was approved via Annual Meeting as of 2013
2. A guest shall be defined as one who does not make his/her permanent residence with a member of the Paw Paw Lake Home Company. (Reference: article 6, section 2, Paragraph 4)
- No resident can be designated as a guest. Please consider it your responsibility to verify whether those not wearing badges are residence, or relatives of residents,– or whether they are strangers and are trespassing.
- Two (2) guest badges will be issued to each household. Guest badges must be worn by guests when on company property.
- Please limit guest badges to two (2) persons when fishing. Any guest in excess of this number must be accompanied by a member. Member will be held responsible for the actions of his/her guests and any damages done by them. Any damage done by the members of any member’s family, or guests, will be charged to the member. Each guest group at the beach must have one guest badge per group.
3. The Board of Trustees reserves the right to prohibit any guest the privileges of the Paw Paw Lake Home Company for any undesirable conduct.
4. For our safety and the safety of our children… The speed limit is twenty (20) miles per hour. Your cooperation and that of your guests and visitors (delivery persons, etc.) is requested. Please make it your responsibility to notify and remind all those who drive on our roads.
5. Guest fishing will be limited to daylight hours. ( Refer to rule no. 1 ) Boating, by both guests and members, will also be limited to daylight hours.
6. Fishing is to comply with the laws of the State of Ohio, with the exception that no bass will be kept under fifteen ( 15 ) inches in length, and no bass shall be kept until July 1st of each year, with a limit of two ( 2 ) per fisherman per day. Do not disturb bass spawning beds during spawning season. There is no season limit for rock bass or crappie– there is a limit of fifteen ( 15 ) fish per day. There is no day or season limit for bluegill. No seining of the lake, unless permission is given by the board of the trustees. Seining of the lake, with permission, must be done under supervision of a Member designated by the Board. No frogging will be allowed.
7. All boats must be identified by house numbers. No motors allowed, except electric trolling motors.
8. Ice fishing is restricted to MEMBERS ONLY.
9. NO MINNOWS shall be brought in from any outside source for use in Paw Paw Lake.
10. No hunting, discharging a firearm, fireworks, or use of air rifles on company property.
11. No boating or fishing in the swimming area. Only member’s and resident’s boats will be permitted on Paw Paw Lake. ( No outside boats. )The swimming area is the area from the beach to the raft to the trampoline and back to the flagpole, also that area twenty (20) feet in diameter around the raft.
12. No diving from the ladder on the raft, nor from the TOP RAIL of the ladder.
13. No swimming or use of the beach area during hours of darkness.
14. No changing of clothes in cars or on company property.
15. NO ANIMALS will be permitted on the beach, the beach area, or in the swimming area ( refer to rule No. 10 ) at any time. Beach area is the sand and grassy area between the lake and the road.
- Dogs not on resident’s own property MUST be leashed.
- Person(s) walking a dog MUST use a pooper-scooper ( or other means ) to pick-up any mess left by pet. This is meant for company property (includes areas around Lake ), as well as private properties. Mess will be removed at time of walk.
- In extreme cases, the authorities may be involved, but PLEASE try to be neighborly and resolve these issues with your neighbors first.
16. Food and drinks are permitted at the picnic area ONLY. All members must remove their own trash from the picnic area. Alcoholic beverages will be allowed on company property at company-sponsored functions ONLY.
17. Any member who wishes to reserve the picnic area must notify the board of date and hours of reservation. All members are requested to honor such reservations. Reservations will not be made for Legal Holidays.
18. No feeding of ducks or geese.
19. Motorized recreation vehicles are permitted on roadways only. All go carts and minibikes must have a slow moving triangular sign posted on the rear, with a minimum of five ( 5 ) feet from the ground. Non-resident go carts, minibikes, or snowmobiles will not be permitted on Paw Paw Lake roads or property. Horses are not allowed on Paw Paw Lake roads or property.
20. Members are asked to refrain from operating power equipment and/or loud noise before 9:00 am on Sunday and holidays mornings, and not before 8:00 am on other mornings.
21. No parking along the roads. This is to facilitate the passing of emergency or delivery vehicles. Should parking of multiple vehicles become necessary, please check with your neighbors for possible use of their driveways.
- Parking for the lake and beach area access is restricted to the beach parking lot.
22. Any recreational vehicles must be parked no closer to the road than the nearest part of the house, if at all possible.
23. No trees of any size shall be cut on company property without the permission of the Board of Trustees.
24. With regard to water usage:
- No lawn sprinklers. New lawns are to be watered by handheld method only.
- No automatic or soaker type devices permitted. Use hand-held means to water flowers, shrubs and/or grounds. No open or unattended running of hose(s).
- No geothermal systems permitted.