Welcome to Paw Paw Lake!
Basic Information About Paw Paw Lake
- Paw Paw Lake is a private lake development with a private road – not a village dedicated street.
- This community is part of the Chagrin Falls Exempted Village School District
- There are 40 homes in this development.
- We vote in Precinct B located at Gurney Elementary School.
- Paw Paw Lake has its own private water system that utilizes a pump house and water main to supply each residential home in the private community. Currently, all homes are on individual septic systems.
Some Information If You’re Considering A Move To Paw Paw Lake
The Paw Paw Lake community is a rare and unique place to live. Our private neighborhood offers: private roads, our own water system, beach, walking trails, picnic pavilion and of course our beautiful private lake with swimming, fishing and boating.
We take a collective responsibility for Paw Paw’s care and maintenance. To live in Paw Paw, we are expected and encouraged to come to the annual meeting and participate in two work days each year, one day in Spring and one in Fall, to help clean up and maintain the common property.
We are unlike other local lake communities in that the Village of South Russell does not assist in maintenance of any Paw Paw Lake land – including the roads. So it is up to us to get involved and care about what is going on around us in the neighborhood.
Pitching in to Help
Collectively, we are the roads crew, the lake keepers, the grounds crew and the social directors of our little community. We would encourage you to get involved and join the board at some time to help manage Paw Paw Lake business. We also have wonderful social events through the year which you will be encouraged to attend with your family.
If you are interested in Paw Paw Lake information feel free to join us at a board meeting on the first Tuesday of every month at a board members home. Fill out the form at the Contact Us page for more information.